Ross B. Newman, Ph.D.
Chief Executive Officer and Senior Economist
- 2002 – Present CEO, Altus Economics, Inc.
- Leader of Transfer Pricing and Economic Consulting Practice. Oversight of transfer pricing and valuation practices, negotiation and production of Advance Pricing Agreements, assistance with tax controversies and litigation support.
- 1998 – 2002 Director of Pacific Region Transfer Pricing Practice (Western US), Arthur Andersen
Silicon Valley, CA
- Partner 1999 – 2002
Senior Manager 1998 – 1999
- Established Northern California TP group and expanded the Pacific Region team to include 3 regional teams of economists with 7 PhDs and 10 staff economists. Member of Transfer Pricing Oversight Committee, Andersen firm-wide leadership team for transfer pricing.
- 1993 – 1998 Arthur Andersen
New York City
- Chief Economist 1996 – 1998
Senior Manager 1994 – 1996
Manager 1993 – 1994
- Helped establish NYC transfer pricing practice, worked on inbound, outbound and intangible property tax issues for clients in a wide range of industries. Lead economist and author of Advanced Pricing Agreements. Clients included a number of Asian and European companies, such as general trading companies (sogo shosha), foreign banks and broker-dealers.
- 1991 – 1993 Industry Economist, Internal Revenue Service
- Worked on transfer pricing and the valuation of intangible assets and inventories in IRS audits and for National Office of IRS; directed training (CPE seminars) on §482 for Exam and Appeals; assisted IRS District Counsel and Chief Counsel in IRS National Office with litigation support and Chief Counsel (International) with review of APAs.
- 1984 – 1991 Assistant Professor of Economics, Bentley University
- Instructor in undergraduate and MBA programs
- 1981 – 1984 Instructor of Economics, Claremont University and Claremont McKenna College
- Instructor in Ph.D. and undergraduate programs
- Business Restructuring
- Transfer Pricing